[Edling] Fwd: Association of Mexican American Educators Journal, Call for Papers (Translanguaging)

Deborah Palmer via Edling edling at lists.mail.umbc.edu
Wed Apr 14 19:40:31 UTC 2021

Sharing on behalf of the co-editors

Begin forwarded message:

From: Armando Garza Ayala <agarzaayala at unm.edu<mailto:agarzaayala at unm.edu>>
Subject: Association of Mexican American Educators Journal, Call for Papers (Translanguaging)
Date: April 13, 2021 at 3:42:05 PM MDT
To: Deborah Palmer <debpalmer at Colorado.EDU<mailto:debpalmer at Colorado.EDU>>

Dear Dr. Palmer,
I hope this email finds you well.

My name is Armando Garza Ayala, and I am co-editing a Special Issue on Translanguaging for the Association of Mexican American Educators (AMAE) Journal.

Below you can find some general information, and I also attached the Call for Papers, which contains some more details.

I kindly ask you if you could send this information to your colleagues in your department.

¡Muchísimas gracias!
Thank you so much!
Armando

CALL FOR PAPERS

Association of Mexican American Educators (AMAE) Journal Special Issue

Centering Translanguaging in Critical Teacher Education: Cultivando Nuevos Conocimientos de Translenguaje en la Educación de Futuros Docentes

Guest Editors:   Pablo C. Ramírez (California State University, Dominguez Hills) and
Armando Garza Ayala (University of New Mexico)

We welcome manuscripts that offer theoretical perspectives; research findings; innovative methodologies; pedagogical reflections; and implications including, but not limited to, the following areas:

  *   Translanguaging in bilingual/multilingual teacher education programs
  *   Translanguaging in English-only teacher preparation programs
  *   Translanguaging pedagogy in content area classes in K-12 education
  *   Translanguaging use and practices in English-medium classrooms
  *   Teachers’ ideologies toward translanguaging pedagogies in bilingual and/or English-medium classrooms
  *   Translanguaging as a social justice approach to teach linguistically minoritized students
  *   Translanguaging literacies in Latinx families

Submissions suitable for publication in this special issue include empirical papers, theoretical/conceptual papers, essays, book reviews, and poems. It is important to note that the special issue is interested in the broader Latina/o/x experience and not solely focused on the experiences of Mexican Americans (per the title of the journal). Manuscripts may also be submitted in Spanish.

Deadline for submissions is Friday, June 4, 2021.
Please address questions to Dr. Pablo C. Ramírez (pramirez at csudh.edu<mailto:pramirez at csudh.edu>) or Dr. Armando Garza Ayala (agarzaayala at unm.edu<mailto:agarzaayala at unm.edu>). This special issue is due to be published in December 2021.

More information, please, see attached document.

Armando Garza Ayala, Ph.D.
(Garza Ayala: Last name)
(Armando: First Name)
I am a first gen mexicano!
Assistant Professor
Pronouns: Él/He/Him/His
Department of Language, Literacy, and Sociocultural Studies
University of New Mexico