[Edling] Call for Book proposals: Perspectives on Language and Identity (University of Exeter Press)

Prithvi Shrestha via Edling edling at lists.mail.umbc.edu
Mon Apr 19 11:09:20 UTC 2021

Dear List Members,

My colleague Laura Paterson and I have just launched a new book
series, Perspectives
on Language and Identity
<https://www.exeterpress.co.uk/Series/209/Perspectives-on-Language-and-Identity.html>,
with the University of Exeter Press. We are inviting book proposals either
as monographs or edited volumes. We thought the call would be of interest
to some members. Please see the details below and/ or attached.

Perspectives on Language and Identity

Exeter’s *Perspectives on Language and Identity* series aims to provide
researchers from a range of disciplines with a central hub through which to
advance knowledge and interrogate different aspects of identity and
language in the twenty-first century.

The series will draw together different research paradigms and contrasting
perspectives on identity and language. Topics covered by the series
include, but are not limited to, identity construction, collectivism and
individualism, changing attitudes to marginalised identities and
realisation of identity in specific temporospatial and sociocultural
contexts. The editors invite proposals from scholars at all career stages
and are also open to proposals for edited volumes.

To discuss your book proposal, please contact the series editors:
Laura L. Paterson <http://www.open.ac.uk/people/llp63>, Senior Lecturer in
Applied Linguistics and English Language, The Open University, UK (
laura.paterson at open.ac.uk)
Prithvi Shrestha <http://www.open.ac.uk/people/pns52>, Senior Lecturer in
Applied Linguistics and English Language, The Open University, UK (
prithvi.shrestha at open.ac.uk)

If you have any questions, please contact either of us or both via above
emails.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Warmest wishes,

Laura and Prithvi.

-----------------------------
*Dr Prithvi N. Shrestha, SFHEA*
Senior Lecturer | School of Languages and Applied Linguistics
Faculty of Wellbeing, Education and Language Studies | The Open University
| Milton
Keynes MK7 6AA | United Kingdom
Direct line: +44(0) 1908 654265
Work details: http://www.open.ac.uk/people/pns52
Research: http://oro.open.ac.uk/view/person/pns52.html
Twitter: @pnshrestha  <https://twitter.com/pnshrestha>
ResearchGate <https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Prithvi_Shrestha> |
Academia.edu <https://open.academia.edu/PrithviShrestha>
ORCiD <http://orcid.org/0000-0002-4971-8051>
ELTons Award 2019 Finalist - Excellence in Course Innovation
<https://englishagenda.britishcouncil.org/events/eltons-innovation-awards/eltons-innovation-awards-2019/excellence-course-innovation-2019-finalists>
 (British Council)

*Recent publications:*

Shrestha, Prithvi (2020). *Dynamic assessment of students’ academic
writing: Vygotskian and Systemic Functional Linguistic Perspectives
<https://www.springer.com/gb/book/9783030558444>*.
<https://www.springer.com/gb/book/9783030558444> Cham: Springer.