[Edling] Call for participants

Montgomery, Philip via Edling edling at lists.mail.umbc.edu
Mon Feb 22 13:07:33 UTC 2021

Dear Edling Scholars,

As part of my doctoral program at Michigan State University, I am conducting a research study examining the role of acknowledging limitations and future directions in published research in the field of applied linguistics in the hopes of supporting L2 and emerging scholars in this field. I am reaching out to experienced scholars as well as early career researchers and doctoral students in the field of applied linguistics and multilingual education. Would you be willing to participate?

To complement a study of 559 recent research articles in four applied linguistics journals, I am seeking more personal attitudes and perceptions from scholars in the field in the form of a survey and optional follow-up interview.

Participation is completely voluntary. If you agree to participate, the following survey will take 5-10 minutes to complete. Your name and institution are collected to prevent duplicate submissions and to allow me to report on the geographic diversity of responses but will be kept confidential. For each survey completed (up to 200), the research team will donate $1.00 (USD) to the AAAL Fund for the Future of Applied Linguistics (AAAL FFAL). The fund<https://www.aaal.org/ffal> supports graduate student by offering awards to attend AAAL annual conferences.

At the end of the survey, you will be asked if you are willing to participate in a 15-20 minute interview via Zoom at a time convenient to you. The first 20 participants selected for follow-up interviews will receive a $20.00 electronic gift card to Amazon.

To read the full consent form and to access the survey, please click here.<https://msu.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_d0hkn7wE0cUohmt>

Thank you in advance,

Philip

--