[Edling] 2021 Virtual APPLE Lecture Series

TESOLAL, TC via Edling edling at lists.mail.umbc.edu
Tue Jan 12 18:28:17 UTC 2021

Dear Colleagues,

***Apologies for cross-posting. Please distribute widely.***

The Applied Linguistics and TESOL Program at Teachers College, Columbia
University cordially invites you to our yearly signature event, *Apple
Lecture Series 2021*. APPLE stands for *APP*lied *L*inguistics and *L*
anguage *E*ducation, and the series aims to engender lively, professional
dialogue on important issues in the ELT community.

This year, we have the pleasure to have three distinguished scholars as
speakers of *APPLE Lecture Series 2021*:

Friday, January 29, 11am-1pm EST
Dr. Mario E. López-Gopar
Universidad Autónoma Benito Juárez de Oaxaca
*(Mexican) Indigenous Peoples in North American Classrooms: Identity,
Pedagogy, and Assessment Considerations*
Full bio, abstract, and registration: https://rb.gy/scf8m5

Friday, February 26, 11am-1pm EST
Dr. Randi Reppen
Northern Arizona University
*Three Ways to Incorporate Corpus Linguistics and Language Instruction*
Full bio, abstract, and registration: https://rb.gy/xhjhwi

Friday, April 2, 11am-1pm EST
Dr. Nicole Holliday
University of Pennsylvania
*Intonation and Ethnolinguistic Variation: Implications for Linguistic
Profiling*
Full bio, abstract, and registration: https://rb.gy/q3u6we

Please see attached flyer for more information. All talks are free and open
to the public. After registering for the talk, you will receive a Zoom
webinar link. We look forward to seeing you at our talks.

Best,
Mark and Carol

--
Carol Lo and Mark Romig
Applied Linguistics and TESOL Program Associates
tesolal at tc.columbia.edu
Follow us on Instagram <https://www.instagram.com/tesolalteacherscollege/>
Twitter <https://twitter.com/tcalandtesol> Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/tcalandtesol/>

To unsubscribe from our listserv, add your name to the "Remove from list"
option on this site.