[Edling] Clelejournal 9.1

Janice Mary Bland janice.m.bland at nord.no
Wed Jun 2 18:59:22 UTC 2021

Dear all,

Issue 9.1 of Children's Literature in English Language Education is now online and fully open access.

In my editorial 'Reading books underpins digital literacy skills', I explore the new OECD report on the literacy skills of 15-year-old school students in 70 countries: 21st-century readers. (The full report is also online – very worrying reading.)

The articles in this issue of CLELEjournal are written by scholars from Finland, the USA and Germany:
‘Who controls the past controls the future’ Benefits and Challenges of Teaching Young Adult Dystopian Fiction
– Luisa Alfes, Joel Guttke, Annetta Carolina Lipari & Eva Wilden

Exploring Multicultural Picturebooks in a Heritage Language Classroom – Chaehyun Lee

Coursebook Authors on the Role of Literature in Developing Intercultural Competence – Emilia Luukka

Among the regular features there are Recommended Reads, in this issue on the topic of environmental children’s literature. Take a look – https://clelejournal.org/

Med vennlig hilsen/With best wishes,
Janice

Janice Bland
Professor of English Education, Nord University, Bodø, Norway

Now online:
Children's Literature in English Language Education Journal
Issue 9.1 | May 2021
<http://clelejournal.org/article-4-teaching-english-young-learners/><http://clelejournal.org/article-4-teaching-english-young-learners/>http://clelejournal.org/

[cid:fb8535e2-71bc-4e0b-8b18-fc4ce4a165c4]
<http://www.clelejournal.org/>