[Edling] Job: University Teacher, Intercultural Communication (full-time, permanent), Jyväskylä, Finland

Dave Sayers via Edling edling at lists.mail.umbc.edu
Fri Mar 19 13:06:49 UTC 2021

Come and work with me! (Well, sort of adjacent to me...)

https://rekry.saima.fi/certiahome/open_job_view.html?did=5600&jc=12&id=000010929&lang=fi

'University Teacher' in the Finnish system is a relatively junior position, focused
on teaching but with the potential to progress. It's a position often held by people
during their PhD or postdoc studies. It's permanent though (that's what the
delightfully vague "until further notice" means!).

"A good command of Finnish is considered an asset." - but this is certainly not a
requirement.

I'm not involved in this job recruitment (or indeed any other!), just passing on the
message. Contact info is on that web page.

Please feel to pass this on, and/or retweet me here:
https://twitter.com/DaveJSayers/status/1372894401538760707

All the best,
Dave

Dr. Dave Sayers, ORCID no. 0000-0003-1124-7132
Senior Lecturer, Dept Language & Communication Studies, Uni. of Jyväskylä, Finland |
www.jyu.fi
Chair, EU COST Action CA19102 'Language in the Human-Machine Era' | www.lithme.eu
Founder & Moderator, TeachLing | https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/teachling
dave.sayers at cantab.net | https://jyu.academia.edu/DaveSayers