[Edling] Early Literacy Education Search at UC Santa Cruz

George Bunch via Edling edling at lists.mail.umbc.edu
Tue Oct 5 03:52:42 UTC 2021

Dear Colleagues:

I am happy to let you know about an opening at the University of California, Santa Cruz, for an Assistant Professor in Early Literacy Education <https://recruit.ucsc.edu/JPF01125>. Please help spread the word.

We seek candidates who focus on early literacy education (Pre-K to 3rd Grade). We seek someone whose research contributes to scholarship, policy, teacher preparation, curriculum, and/or pedagogy relevant to national, state, and local literacy education contexts, especially as relevant for linguistically, ethnically, and racially marginalized populations in California. Possible areas of specialization include emergent literacy/reading, bi/multilingual literacies, critical literacy, children’s literature/reading, digital/multimodal literacies, pedagogy/curriculum development, equitable approaches to formative and/or summative assessment, literacy practices across home and school contexts, literacy and racial justice, literacy research methods, or the social, cultural, and political dimensions of early literacy. We are particularly interested in hiring a colleague whose scholarship engages the transformational capacities of education for the least-advantaged children and communities, and animates the promise of schools and other public institutions to forge a just democracy.

For more information and to apply, visit https://recruit.ucsc.edu/JPF01125 <https://recruit.ucsc.edu/JPF01125>

Candidates should apply by Mon., Nov. 1, 2021 for full consideration.
Thanks and all the best!

—George
George C. Bunch, PhD

Professor