[Edling] [Lgpolicy] Share Your Memories of Bernard Spolsky

Vaidehi Ramanathan via Edling edling at lists.mail.umbc.edu
Mon Aug 22 16:33:11 UTC 2022

I didn't ever have good fortune to meet Prof. Spolsky, but his work and especially his pieces with Prof. Elana Shohamy on circularities between lg. policy, lg ideology and lg. practice are ones I go back to all the time. His scholarship points to one who was profoundly invested in all issues regarding language use, most especially in contexts of education.  Now when I see his name I will recall this time of collective e-remembrances and the memory of this will remain a blessing.

RIP.

Best,
Vai

Vaidehi Ramanathan, Professor