[Edling] Language Humanity—poem —Reflection about Language Issues at the End of the year

David Balosa via Edling edling at lists.mail.umbc.edu
Wed Dec 28 13:37:02 UTC 2022

Greetings to the Edling community. I thought about share this reflection
with you. Many blessings and be safe and hopeful!

 Language Humanity—poem
_____________________________

Thinking of your humanity
At the end of this year
Thinking at all stones
Thrown at your existence
Across urban and rural experiences
Thinking of wars thrown at you
By wicked powers and institutions—
>From whatever heaven they may originate—
The United Nations versus German
Russian versus Ukrainian
Korean versus Japanese
English versus Spanish in the United States
Portuguese versus Lingala in Angola—
Language of pride versus language of shame
Language of life versus language of death
Language of dignity versus language humiliation
Language of the saints versus language of the devils—
Your humanity like a holy landscape
Is a terrain of fierce struggle and profanity
Your numerous ennemies versus your owners
Must all recognize your humanity, your dignity!
They must praise your existence
And honor your evidence.
Any curse at your presence
Degrades not only the humanity of those cursing at you
But the entire humanity —-the web of existence!
Language humanity
No matter the numerous stones and wars
Thrown at you
I stand with you in this struggle of yours
I pray that your new year is never taken away from you,
No matter whether it is a happy or sad new year
Let your humanity be celebrated
And your new year renewed forever.

@2022 David Balosa
--
David M. Balosa, Ph.D.
Language, Literacy, & Culture

https://llc.umbc.edu/home/news-events/?id=56945
https://centerforinterculturaldialogue.org/tag/david-balosa/

The world would be a better place if we all strive for existential unity:
communities' prosperity, social justice, peace, faith, global solidarity
and diversity, human rights, and human dignity for all. -David Balosa