[Edling] CFP - When We Hear Them: Tools to Attune Teachers’ Ears to Voices of Language-Diverse Learners | Deadline 3 June

Francis M. Hult via Edling edling at lists.mail.umbc.edu
Mon May 2 19:37:06 UTC 2022

When We Hear Them: Tools to Attune Teachers’ Ears to Voices of
Language-Diverse Learners

Hello! We are Owen Silverman Andrews and Dr. Antione Tomlin. We are looking
for folks to serve as contributing authors to our edited book project,
tentatively titled, “When We Hear Them: Tools to Attune Teachers’ Ears to
Voices of Language-Diverse Learners.”

This book will provide practical tools and applicable theories for
enhancing teachers' and educators' listening skills and pedagogical
approaches to support language-minoritized, linguistically diverse, and
emergent multilingual learners. Additionally, this book aims to upend
deficit models of language learning and usage to attune the ears of
practitioner-scholars to the powerful voices of linguistically diverse
students in our classrooms, schools, and communities.

We envision chapters exploring methods for moving from theory to praxis
within multilingual education contexts, approaches to sustaining linguistic
diversity, and critical assessment and reflection practices for teachers of
adults and older teenagers. This volume will also provide tips, strategies,
and recommendations for key stakeholders on better hearing and serving
linguistically diverse learners within culturally sustaining andragogical
frameworks. We anticipate that full chapters will be 6-10 pages. If
selected, we will provide an outline and template to help draft your
chapter.

At this time, we only need some demographic and contact information, a
working chapter title, and a proposed 6-10 sentence chapter synopsis. If
you are interested in submitting a chapter, please submit this form no
later than Friday, June 3rd, by 11:59 pm ET. If you are interested in
learning more about our other current projects, email us at
antionetomlin at gmail.com and owen.s.andrews at pm.me.

Form:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1JisoZc9aul3In3B35BexUqLHPBvODDpDAgu0VlbiHPg/viewform?edit_requested=true