[Edling] New Book: Critical Ethnography, Language, Race/ism and Education

Blanca Caldas via Edling edling at lists.mail.umbc.edu
Fri Sep 30 22:08:56 UTC 2022

I'm happy to introduce the book Critical Ethnography, Language, Race/ism
and Education, edited by Stephen May and me. Attached is a flyer with this
new release discount through Multilingual Matters (CELRE50) and the pdf
(also attached) has more details about the book and the list of the
wonderful contributors to this volume.

Blanca Caldas Chumbes

[image: May & Caldas discount jpg.jpg]
--

*"Nada termina, todo es una continuación. Hoy continuamos la conversación
que estamos teniendo desde el inicio del universo"

        **(Nothing ends, everything is a continuation. Today we continue
the conversation we've been having since the beginning of the universe")*

*"Una cosa es educar a un niño, otra domarlo. Educar es ayudarlo a ser él
mismo, domar es obligarlo a ser lo que no es" *

*(One thing is to educate a child, another to tame him/her. Educating is
helping him/her to be him/herself. Taming is forcing him/her to be
something he/she is not)*

(Alejandro Jodorowsky)