[Edling] Language Policy -- Call for Book Reviews

Myrna Goldstein via Edling edling at lists.mail.umbc.edu
Fri Jan 26 14:50:08 UTC 2024

Hello Sarah (if I may),

I am interested in finding out more about the Gorter/Cenoz book to see if
it would fit with my competency (cognitive applied linguistics,L2 teaching
and learning methodology, approaches to language use and study,
translanguaging, and Jakobson's linguistics and communication theory as
well as theatrical training of Stanislovskij that I apply to language
interaction),

I cite all the above in case you come across any books that would fit with
my competencies.  I am over 30 years in the ESL/EFL field.  Before that, I
worked 15 years as a daily newspaper journalist.

I have reviewed for TESOL Quarterly, and the Journal of Cognitive
Linguistics.

I enjoy doing book reviews.  I am on LinkedIn for further details.
I am an independent researcher; my MATESL thesis has just been accepted on
ResearchGate.

Warm regards,

Myrna Goldstein,
B.S. J(ournalism), Northwestern University;
MATESL, Saint Michael's College

On Fri, Jan 19, 2024 at 3:36 PM Sarah C.K. Moore via Edling <
edling at lists.mail.umbc.edu> wrote:

> Dear colleagues,
>
> As a Book Review editor for the journal, *Language Policy*, I would like
> to draw your attention to the titles listed below, which are now available
> for review.
>
> If you would like to review a book listed below, please contact me
> directly at sckmoore at umd.edu, indicate which title is of interest and
> note your professional and scholarly areas of expertise related to the
> volume.
>
> Michele Gazzola, Federico Gobbo, David Cassels Johnson, Jorge Antonio
> Leoni de León. (2023). Epistemological and Theoretical Foundations in
> Language Policy and Planning. Palgrave Macmillan: Cham.
> Nicole Dołowy-Rybińska (2023). Upper Sorbian Language Policy in
> Education: Bringing the Language Back, Or Bringing It Forward? BRILL
> Gorter, D., & Cenoz, J. (2023). *A Panorama of Linguistic Landscape
> Studies. *Multilingual Matters.
> Faingold, E. (2023) *Language rights and the law in Scandinavia: Sweden,
> Denmark, Norway, Iceland, Faroe Islands, and Greenland*
>

> Reviews should be no longer than 1,000 words in length and are generally
> due three months after receipt of the book. Editorial guidelines and more
> can be found at
> https://www.springer.com/education+&+language/linguistics/journal/10993.
>
> We would be grateful if you could forward this message to any interested
> and qualified colleagues or students. Please also note our policy of only
> one review per person per year. If you have written a review for us
> recently, we would therefore appreciate it if you held off this time.
>
> With best wishes,
> Sarah
>

> --
> Sarah CK Moore, PhD
> Applied Linguistics and Language Education
> Teaching and Learning, Policy and Leadership
> College of Education
> University of Maryland College Park
> 2311 Benjamin Building
> 301-405-3133
> sckmoore at umd.edu
> *pronouns: she/her/hers*
>
> *Every community owes its existence and strength to the generations before
> them, around the world, who contributed their hopes, dreams, and energy
> into making the history that led to this moment.*
>

> *Truth and acknowledgement are critical in building mutual respect and
> connections across all barriers of heritage and difference.*
>

> *So, we acknowledge the truth that is often buried: We are on the
> ancestral lands of the Piscataway People, who are the ancestral
> stewards of this sacred land. It is their historical responsibility to
> advocate for the four-legged, the winged, those that crawl and those that
> swim. They remind us that clean air and pristine waterways are essential to
> all life.*
>

> *This Land Acknowledgement is a vocal reminder for each of us as
> two-leggeds to ensure our physical environment is in better condition than
> [...]

Myrna Goldstein, B.S.J., MATESL
Founder, Director
Are You in Your English File?®
Second Language Learning Research Center
Eilat, Israel, formerly of Milan, Italy
e:  myrnaenglishfile at gmail.com
Skype:  myinmi
t: 00972 (0)53 5255360