Kenneth R. Andrews biographical details

Kenneth R Andrews kandrews at juno.com
Mon Aug 12 22:24:49 UTC 1996

I am interested in Native American languages (among others), and I have
just moved to Oklahoma to take a job at the University of Science and
Arts of Oklahoma (USAO) in Chickasha, OK.  I reconstructed
"Autobiography of a Woman" (Voegelin, IJAL, 1952) with the help of the
sister of Mary Williams, who dictated the autobiography.  I then used
these texts as input to my dissertation, Shawnee Grammar (1994).  I plan
to continue working with Shawnee speakers for the immediate future.  In
addition, this area has a number of remaining Native American languages.
 Nearby is  Anadarko, the site of six or seven tribal governments,
including the Wichita and the Western Delaware.  Those interested in the
possibility of collaborative research should contact me.