Informal Endangered Lgs. Meeting at LSA

Tony Woodbury acw at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Dec 31 17:20:30 UTC 1996

The following message is directed toward those list members who plan to
attend the annual meeting of the Linguistic Society of America (LSA) in
Chicago this coming Jan. 2-5.

There will be an open meeting of the LSA's Committee on Endangered
Languages and their Preservation at the following time and place:

Saturday, Jan. 4
11:30am to 1:00pm
Mississippi Room (of the Sheraton Chicago Hotel)

The purpose of the meeting will be to provide a forum where people can
raise issues concerning the committee and its work.  One particular
question that I wish to ask (in my capacity as incoming chair of the
committee) is how the committee can best involve, on an ongoing basis, the
LSA's considerable "activist base" on EL issues.  Everyone is welcome to
attend.

There is also going to be a Field Reports/Endangered Languages session of
papers on Friday, Jan. 3, from 9:00am to 12:05pm (a nice long session).

Please pass the word to others who might be interested and able to attend
either of these events.

Looking forward to seeing you (if you'll be there),

Tony Woodbury

Dept. of Linguistics                     Phone:        (512) 471 1701
Calhoun Hall 501                         Fax:          (512) 471 4340
University of Texas
Austin, TX 78712

----
Endangered-Languages-L Forum: endangered-languages-l at carmen.murdoch.edu.au