"From" ~= "Reply-To"...

Tony Woodbury acw at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Jan 15 15:10:46 UTC 1997

I appreciate all the interest shown in our LSA Committee on Endangered Lgs.
and their Preservation.

I'd like to remind list members that all messages you receive via
Endangered-Languages-L--including this one--have the author in the "From:"
header but "endangered-languages-l at carmen.murdoch.edu.au" in the
"Reply-To:" header.  That means your email client will put the *list*
address in the "To:" header of your reply.  Therefore, if you intend to
contact the author privately, you have to replace the list address with the
author's address.

Thanks,
Tony

Tony Woodbury <acw at mail.utexas.edu>

Dept. of Linguistics                     Phone:        (512) 471 1701
Calhoun Hall 501                         Fax:          (512) 471 4340
University of Texas
Austin, TX 78712

----
Endangered-Languages-L Forum: endangered-languages-l at carmen.murdoch.edu.au