ELL: Endangered Languages Debate

Henry Szymonik heszy at jetcity.com
Sun Oct 3 23:27:45 UTC 1999

	      *** EOOH ***
	      From: "Henry Szymonik" <heszy at jetcity.com>
	      To: <endangered-languages-l at carmen.murdoch.edu.au>
	      Subject: ELL: Endangered Languages Debate
	      Date: Sun, 3 Oct 1999 16:27:45 -0700
	      Sender: owner-endangered-languages-l at carmen.murdoch.edu.au

	      So many people have criticized the recent debate/arguments.  One
	      way to deal with this if you don't like the current issue, is to
	      post
	      one of your own.  I attempted to do this by presenting the
	      example
	      of the Ojibwe and Hawaiians on Niihau.  I attempted to look
	      at language [which is what this list is supposed to be about]
	      specifically, while incorporating the issue of religion that
	      Matthew
	      so often talks about.  Yet there has been not one comment about
	      my posting.  Not even Matthew has commented on the apparent
	      contrast to the situation with the Akha that I have presented.
	      If the ideal of this list is discussion of endangered languages,
	      why
	      does no discuss what I have presented or bring up a language
	      topic of their own?

	      Henry Szymonik

	      ----
	      Endangered-Languages-L Forum:
	      endangered-languages-l at carmen.murdoch.edu.au
	      Web pages
	      http://carmen.murdoch.edu.au/lists/endangered-languages-l/
	      Subscribe/unsubscribe and other commands:
	      majordomo at carmen.murdoch.edu.au