ELL: Re: Waiver [please disregard previous version; it wasn't finished when sent] References: <Pine.GSO.4.10.9910040729410.22578-100000 at phantom.jetcity.com> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; x-mac-type="54455854"; x-mac-creator="4D4F5353" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Sender: owner-endangered-languages-l at carmen.murdoch.edu.au Precedence: bulk Reply-To: endangered-languages-l at carmen.murdoch.edu.au

Matthew McDaniel akha at loxinfo.co.th
Mon Oct 4 16:01:29 UTC 1999

 *** EOOH ***
 Date: Mon, 04 Oct 1999 23:01:29 +0700
 From: Matthew McDaniel <akha at loxinfo.co.th>
 To: endangered-languages-l at carmen.murdoch.edu.au
 Subject: Re: ELL: Re: Waiver [please disregard previous version; it wasn't
  finished when sent]
 Sender: owner-endangered-languages-l at carmen.murdoch.edu.au

 but if you add that most white missionaries here are also evangelical, at
 what point
 does it need to be seperated.  When there are big mainstream groups, and
 people
 generally belong to them in the mission community, we can generalize.  But
 more
 importantly I see the same parallels on the web, and don't know why one would
 be
 surprised.

 I should say that there are people with white skin who are not white.  There
 are
 also a few Akhas who have become white.

 But if I get one white missionary who isn't like this I will let everyone
 know.

 Matthew

 Henry Szymonik wrote:

 > > but the point is, and correct me if I am wrong, wouldn't they bring a
     rather
     > > white Jesus, and then where do you sort out what is white, what is
     Jesus and
     > > what is white culture.  Far as I am concerned it is as much about
     their race,
     > > their skin color and their culture as it is about the culture of the
     Akha which

     endangered-languages-l at carmen.murdoch.edu.au
     majordomo at carmen.murdoch.edu.au

     --

     Matthew McDaniel
     The Akha Heritage Foundation

     US Address:

     Donations by check or money order may be sent to:

     The Akha Heritage Foundation
     PO BOX 6073
     Salem OR 97304
     USA

     Donations by direct banking can be transferred to:
     (Preferred)

     Wells Fargo Bank
     Akha Heritage Foundation
     Acc. # 0081-889693