ELL: NEW SIL ALIAS

Jeff ALLEN jeff at elda.fr
Wed Sep 22 16:43:56 UTC 1999

*** EOOH ***
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 18:43:56 +0200
To: endangered-languages-l at carmen.murdoch.edu.au
From: Jeff ALLEN <jeff at elda.fr>
Subject: Re: ELL: NEW SIL ALIAS
Sender: owner-endangered-languages-l at carmen.murdoch.edu.au

At 22:06 22/09/99 +0700, you wrote:
>It seems extremely odd to me that there would be any voices of defense of
SIL on this list.

Matthew, I think you meant to say that "It seems extremely odd to me that
there would *not* be any voices of defense of SIL on this list".  I simply
don't have time to mess around with responding to such flames.  I've made
my statements in the past and it is not necessary to repost those messages
to the entire list.
<snip>

>Do people really believe that SIL's agenda is furthering the teachings of
a loving Jesus?

Yes. But I will leave it at that because this list is not intended to
discuss such a topic.  This can be discussed further off-list.

Best,

Jeff

Jeff ALLEN - Technical Manager/Directeur Technique
European Language Resources Association (ELRA)  &
European Language resources - Distribution Agency (ELDA)
(Agence Europe'enne de Distribution des Ressources Linguistiques)
55, rue Brillat-Savarin
75013   Paris   FRANCE
Tel: (+33) 1.43.13.33.33 - Fax: (+33) 1.43.13.33.30
mailto:jeff at elda.fr
http://www.icp.grenet.fr/ELRA/home.html
----
Endangered-Languages-L Forum: endangered-languages-l at carmen.murdoch.edu.au