terrorist statements (was Re: ELL: new name)

Jeff ALLEN jeff at elda.fr
Tue Sep 28 15:46:38 UTC 1999

*** EOOH ***
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 17:46:38 +0200
To: Matthew McDaniel <akha at loxinfo.co.th>
From: Jeff ALLEN <jeff at elda.fr>
Subject: terrorist statements (was Re: ELL: new name)
Cc: endangered-languages-l at carmen.murdoch.edu.au
Sender: owner-endangered-languages-l at carmen.murdoch.edu.au

At 01:03 28/09/99 +0700, Matthew McDaniel wrote:
>Some of the most dishonest people I know, missionaries.
>Gee, where do such people get off preaching at natives about God?
>I didn't know he was into such dishonesty and denial?
>So what are they really up to.
>I am sorry, I say destroy their churches and run them out of the country,
that
>WILL get their attention.

Do your financers know that you promote such terrorist activities?  The
attention your actions are going to get is that of the FBI, the CIA, and a
lot of other National and International security organizations for the
welfare of Americans living abroad.

When such statements are made in public with regard to black churches in
the southern states of the US, you can bet that the Federal Bureau of
Investigation (FBI) would be on the trail immediately.  For the bombing of
US embassies in foreign countries, the investigation process is not a
one-day brief look either.  A lot of hear-say statements have been made on
this list, and elsewhere, about SIL being affiliated with the CIA, although
there is nothing to prove it.  But your statements published all over the
Internet on these multiple mailing lists, encouraging the idea of bombing
of buildings where American expatriates (despite their religious or
non-religious orientation) reside, work, or happen to be, is setting
yourself up for some real potential CIA intervention.  It has nothing to do
with SIL.  All of your messages are being archived (for example at
http://carmen.murdoch.edu.au/lists/endangered-languages-l/ell.arcs/endangere
d-languages-l.9909) , and that means your statements are public.  That is
dangerous.

>>From what I've heard all my life, the CIA and other such US security
institutions do not mess around with even "jokingly" terrorist claims.  I
had a friend who made some "cute" remark about a bomb in his bag to the
security person at an airport in the US, and he spent a whole day
undergoing major interrogations for that remark.  You are messing with
something that I would not get near if I were you.  I would say you are
running a thin line of getting yourself expelled out of Thailand by
publishing such statements on the Internet on an on-going basis.  I am
considering unsubscribing from the ELL list to avoid having myself or my
employer of being considered even remotely affiliated with anything you are
stating with regard to this topic on the ELL and other public mailing lists.

You should be careful what you are write.  If there were ever a CIA
investigation, you are possibly putting a lot of other list members at risk
by having participated (even as passive accomplices) in your discussions
that lean toward terrorist activities against Americans.  I'm definitely
not one who says that Americans are best and all that kind of stuff, but I
do know what my country does for the security of its people, and certainly
for those who are expatriates like myself.  Such issues are not taken lightly.

Sorry, but these kinds of malicious statements, and the repercussions that
they could have on me, my family, my colleagues, and my compatriotes, are
about ready to end my active participation on what has generally been an
interesting list.

Jeff

----
Endangered-Languages-L Forum: endangered-languages-l at carmen.murdoch.edu.au