ELL: Moderator

endangered-languages-l at carmen.murdoch.edu.au endangered-languages-l at carmen.murdoch.edu.au
Thu Sep 30 15:49:03 UTC 1999

*** EOOH ***
From: maia at acd.ufrj.br (Marcus Antonio Rezende Maia)
Subject: ELL: Moderator
To: endangered-languages-l at carmen.murdoch.edu.au
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 12:49:03 -0300 (GRNLNDST)
Cc: marcusmaia at alternex.com.br
Sender: owner-endangered-languages-l at carmen.murdoch.edu.au

 I vote for an unmoderated, spontaneous list, even though exaggerations are
 likely to happen in the list as in the world. Slammings and flames,
 unpleasant as they may be, do not usually last too long. I'd rather be in a
 lively, emotional,
 exciting list in which people talk, discuss, argue and even fight than in an
 unnatural antiseptic list. The missionary topic is a relevant topic to be
 discussed in ELL. It is an extremely hard topic to deal with and I find it
 only natural that a debate on it has stirred all these feelings. And so,
 what? We do not need to leave the room slamming the door behind us! It is
 enough to press the delete key in our computers.
 Marcus Maia
 The Federal University of Rio de Janeiro
 ----
 Endangered-Languages-L Forum: endangered-languages-l at carmen.murdoch.edu.au