ELL: Sorbian dictionary/ web information

Paulina Jaenecke pj at MAIL.ZEDAT.FU-BERLIN.DE
Thu May 25 10:08:11 UTC 2000

Dear All,

the homepage of the Sorbian institute is found on this webpage:

http://www.serbski-institut.de

this is the link to the dictionary (Upper Sorbian):

http://www.serbski-institut.de/siprojj.html

from there, you should find a link to the primer for Upper Sorbian

More general information on the Sorbs can be found on this page:

http://www.sorben-wenden.de

there you will find links to Sorbian institutions linke the Domowina,
cultural information centers etc.

The letter of protest from the Domowina is also available in English,
I don't know if it's available on the net yet, but I'll find out and
post the adress. There is a link to the German letter of protest from
the sorben-wenden page.

The proposed cut back of funds would not only mean stopping new
Sorbian projects, but also undermine present efforts in cultural and
linguistics activities.

I hope that international protest will make the German government
rethink its plans.

Paulina

Paulina Jaenecke             pj at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Nehringstr.14                +49-30-3265514
14059 Berlin
Germany
----
Endangered-Languages-L Forum: endangered-languages-l at carmen.murdoch.edu.au