ELL: Introducing myself (and being curious ;-).

Piotr Koz³owski koira at POCZTA.ONET.PL
Wed Apr 18 13:53:48 UTC 2001

Hi everyone!

I'm new here and I want to introduce myself.
My name's Piotr I'm 21 and I study Persian at the Warsaw University. That's
all about me for now.
The reason I'm at this list is that I'm currently learning an endangered
language. It's called West Virginia Mingo and belongs to the Iroquian family
and is a regional variant of the Seneca language. There's excellent site on
the web, called Mingo-EGADS, dedicated to perserverance of this language
with dictionary, grammar, a collection of texts and more. There's also a
Mingo language course by e-mail. Each day we(people participating in the
course) get a short sentence with a grammar and vocabulary explained and
exercises to do. We've had about 90 lessons so far and I must say this
method of learning is fun, enjoyable and at the same time very effective.
I'm just curious if there is somewhere on the web a similar site or a
similar language course. If know about such sites or courses, please let me
know.
For those of you who are interested and haven't found it themselves here's
an URL of "Mingo-EGADS":
http://www.speech.cs.cmu.edu/egads/mingo

Best regards,
Piotr Kozlowski