ELL: Italian dialects

Joan Smith/Kocamahhul j.smith at LING.CANTERBURY.AC.NZ
Mon Jan 15 01:26:37 UTC 2001

Luisa Maffi wrote:

> Also, anyone who knows what the current status of the European Charter on
> Regional Languages is in Italy? I think Italy signed it but I don't know
> whether it has ratified it. And any info on where to get the text of the
> Charter? Is it on the web somewhere?

I used to have it bookmarked but they've changed the address(es) - the
general address (which has a search function) is
http://conventions.coe.int, and the ETS no. is 148.  It now includes
details of signatories etc., I don't know about ratifications.

--
Joan Smith/Kocamahhul
Department of Linguistics

e-mail: j.smithkocamahhul at ling.canterbury.ac.nz