ELL: Re: Dying Languages List

Lucas Husgen lhusgen at KIROGI.DEMON.NL
Fri Jun 1 17:02:50 UTC 2001

Thank you so much for your information on Nubian language: the richness of
the world's heritage keeps being amazing. So much worse is the threat,
hovering above so many languages' heads..

My list (I do have to compile, I'm very very sorry to say) will be published
within an existing cyberworld. But as cyberworlds go, as long as
construction is still in progress, it's best not to attract any visitors yet
at the building site. Any change can be instantly noticed, so it's seems
wiser to politely ask you to have some patience. A webpage van be prepared,
and only be published when finished, in cyberworlds this isn't possible.

The idea sprang to my mind because these worlds who give room to anyone's
imagination in building and construction, are in the meantime first and
foremost English-spoken, which, inescapable as it is, seems a bit
contradictory, to say the least.

In all, as soon as my tribute to the endangered languages of the world has
taken its final shape, I'll post the precise location at this list, and I'll
make sure that within this one particular cyber-world any visitor will be
pinpointed to this place of tribute, soon after arrival. The one veil I can
lift is this: I'm building within the Active worlds browser, which can be
downloaded for free at http://www.activeworlds.com . Please download version
3.1. Through using this browser you're at least able to get an inkling of
the general idea of worlds I'm refering to.

Best regards,

Lucas Husgen