ELL: RE: Dictionary Making software

Andrew Cunningham andrewc at MAIL.VICNET.NET.AU
Sun Mar 4 12:53:11 UTC 2001

Hi,

Quoting Benjamin Barrett <gogaku at ix.netcom.com>:

> A really easy solution is Excel. You can alphabetize with the Sort
> function
> to print out three dictionaries. For that matter, Word does also, though
> it
> is easier to work with Excel for glossaries. My largest glossary has
> been
> about 2000 words.

although one brief comment on using Excel this way. Your ability to sort is
limited to the langauges Microsoft directly supports. This will differ to
greater and lesser degrees between their different operating systems.

So the question would be, is there a langauge that Microsft supports, that has
similar collation to your target languages?

> Benjamin Barrett
> gogaku at ix.netcom.com

Andrew Cunningham
Multilingual Technical Project Officer