Written Form

Benjamin Barrett bjb5 at U.WASHINGTON.EDU
Tue Dec 2 07:07:37 UTC 2003

As we saw with Kusunda, the Ethnologue is not perfect, but they offer such
statistics.

At http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=GLS, they say

>Literacy rate in first language: 50% (1971 census)

I think this is intended to refer to the Scots Gaelic literacy, but the
wording does not seem clear to me...

HTH
Benjamin Barrett