PEN Club and endangered languages

Lakhan Gusain lgusain at HOTMAIL.COM
Sat Nov 29 01:38:11 UTC 2003

Dear B.K.Rana,
Thanks for sending valuable information about Kusunda. Could you write some
basic features of Kusunda on the basis of which you can say it be one of the
oldest languages?
Thanking you,

Lakhan Gusain

------------------
Dr. Lakhan Gusain
Assistant Professor
3511, Frieze Building
Department of Asian Languages & Cultures
University of Michigan
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109-1285
Tel: (734) 936-8809 (Office)
       (734) 996-4065 (Home)
Fax: (734) 647-0157
-------------------

----Original Message Follows----
From: "B. K. Rana" <bk_rana at YAHOO.COM>
To: ENDANGERED-LANGUAGES-L at LISTSERV.LINGUISTLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: PEN Club and endangered languages
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 16:29:34 -0800

Dear Members in the Language List,
I am working on Kusunda language of the Himalayan
Kingdom of Nepal. I believe this language is one of
the oldest languages of the world. I have found this
language having remarkable similarities with some of
the indigenous languages across the world.

B. K. Rana
Cambridge, MA
USA

http://www.opera.com/m2/