Economist article

Peter Austin pa2 at SOAS.AC.UK
Sun Jan 2 15:47:55 UTC 2005

Colleagues,

This week's Economist magazine (dated 1st-7th January 2005) has a three page Special Report (pp58-60) on endangered languages. The article covers all the major points in relation to language endangerment, documentation and support, and I think is a balanced and nicely written report. I commend it to anyone interested in the endangered languages issue.

Unfortunately, the on-line version of the Special Report is "premium content" and only available to Economist subscribers.

Best,
Peter

Prof Peter K. Austin
Marit Rausing Chair in Field Linguistics
Director, Endangered Languages Academic Program
Department of Linguistics, SOAS
Thornhaugh Street, Russell Square
London WC1H 0XG
United Kingdom