ednewing threatened tongues and switching around the waning

Alexander Dietz dietzgm at YAHOO.DE
Thu Sep 5 22:58:26 UTC 2013

Hello all,

as a layman keen on speechlore, I would like to give my sight onto the matters which have been talked about shortly here.

Hello all,

I would like to give my thoughts as a  layman on speechlore.

I have read the very readworth writ about the manifoldness within tomgues made up by dialects. First, I think that it is better to keep up a tongue as a whole even if dialects are lost than losing it alltogether. The most of speech manifoldnesa is made up by kinds of speech that are thoroughly unsame. Welsh even is from another root than English. English is a Romano-Gedmanic tongue while Welsh is a p-celtic tongue. If Welsh were lost, a great share of manifoldness on the British Isles would go. If an English dialect is lost, less richdom of culture would dwindle. Nevertheless, the downgrading of everythink that is not straight the same as the written standard as bad speech not fitting in some settings is killing off some of the enriching shares within a tongue to point out oneself and to build one's own selfdom. Too few is aimed at building up a new network of first-tongue speakers for the sake to bring back into working the natural chain of passing on
 the tongue from grown-ups to children. The time of sundry dialects from town to town may be over in times of wayfaring around. However, the home landship of a speaker should be outfindsome. I myself lay great worth on that others can guess that3 I3 am from the Rhineland. In Germany, there is still much looking down onto folks whose wordstrain shows some landshiply inflow. This is the same in France. Unfair treating in the working market of inborn folks forof the sound of speech ought to be fighted and is far from being gone in some lands as well in Europe, all above France and Germany. If dialects are highly unsame, I would rather call them tongues.

I do not hold the coffin as fitting for the sake of the showing as to dwindling tongues, either. Sleeping tongues and those gone may not be the same. Sleeping tongues may have some bits left, for byspell the living on as a tongue of writing, some bits in everyday talk or in belief fellowships while most still are aware of it as the old tongue of their own. If tongues are gone alltogether, some bits might be left in the tongue spoken today, but without being brooked to show some selfhood and while most do not know of these bits as leftovers from the past. French has well some leftovers from Gaulish, but most dwellers if anyone in France do not see themselves as Gaulish or Celtic and seeing their tongue as a kind of new Gaulish tongue. Cornish has been a byspell for a sleeping tongue as some folks have been seeing themselves as Cornish and brooking some bits of Cornish. Cornish shows as well that the shift of tongues is no unhindersome forwardgoing. It
 lies well in the hands of folks in the land if not everything is lost while few is written down and kept on tapes and videos. But it is indeed hard to bring tongues back into the overall means of understanding when it has fallen out of brook in everyday life of most folks unless a mass drive comes up as had happened in Israel within the Jews. In the Ireland of the 20ies, the mood was well fitting for the sake to stir up a mass drive of shifting back to Irish in the land. This could have been reached by some leaders in the forefront of the Irish fight for freedom if most of them had had the will and had made it rightly. Israel had just shown the way to put such a dream into truth.

Furthermore, there is the wane from inside by an overly flow of outlandish bits while putting aside words of own stock which leads to a loss of selfdom and richdom. English is an outstanding byspell for this. A backbringing of Anglo-Saxon words instead of outlandish ones and dialects into everyday speech would be wishsome.

Greatings,

Alex