Multi-key response

Fredrik Ullén Fredrik.Ullen at neuro.ki.se
Thu May 17 19:59:42 UTC 2001

At 12:00 2001-05-17 -0600, Suzanne.Camou at UCHSC.edu wrote:
>Hello everyone,
>    I am currently creating a behavioral program that requires participants
>to respond with a 3 to 4 digit response.  However, I have been unable to get
>the logging system to record more than one character responses.  Does anyone
>know how to do this?
>
>Thanks,
>Suzanne
>Biomagnetic Imaging Lab

Hi,

I've had exactly the same problem. If you don't need to log the
RTs of each digit, it works fine. I don't have the E-Prime
manual here right now, but as I remember what you do is
by setting the number of keystrokes in Advanced options for
the corresponding object.

If you wish to record RTs and such, you need to make a chain
of objects. Apparently this problem is solved in the next
version of E-Prime.
GOod luck

Fredrik

Fredrik Ullén, PhD, Pianist
Dept of Neuroscience/Dept of Woman and Child Health
Karolinska Institutet
S-171 77 Stockholm
SWEDEN

ph +46-8-517 773 55