Serial box

Steve Johnston s.johnston at bangor.ac.uk
Thu Aug 29 15:28:42 UTC 2002

Hi

I've got my experiment set up using the keyboard at present, but after a great deal of energy, I have a serial switch attached and working to a degree. Basically I have responses from my switch of 1,2 and is recognised in e-prime as such. Problem is I don't know how to get e-prime to accept the response from my serial switches and move on to the next stimulus. I thought about leaving everything as it was (with the keyboard still set as the input device) and fooling the program by setting whatever value is given by the switches (1 or 2) as that given by the keyboard. I don't know if this is a decent way of doing it, but if it is reasonable, how do I go about 'fooling' or more accurately 'manually emulating' the keyboard (the serial device doesn't seem to have an emulation option).

Thanks

Steve Johnston