correct response

Tony Zuccolotto anthony.zuccolotto at pstnet.com
Fri Feb 22 19:43:12 UTC 2002

Hi,

I would suggest writing some inline script to recode the response at the
end of the trial.  Hard code correct response to something that you
aren't using so it is always coded as inaccurate.   Then keep another
attribute that is a comma separated list of the correct answers.   Look
in the E-Basic help for the Item$() function that retrieves items from a
comma separated list.   The code would be something like the following.

Dim i As Integer
Dim strCorrects As String

strCorrects = c.GetAttrib( "CorrectAnswers" )  ' = "1,2"
For i = 1 To ItemCount( strCorrects )
	If Probe.RESP = Item$( strCorrects, i ) Then
		Probe.ACC = 1
	End If
Next i

Probe.ACC will automatically be put back in the context at the end of
the trial prior to logging (assuming standard logging is turned on), but
if you need it sooner you should also throw in a
	c.SetAttrib "Probe.ACC", Probe.ACC
line after the new value is assigned.   If the list is long you might
also want to use a goto to jump out of the loop (or use a Do-Loop Until
construct) so that you don't continue to go through the list after the
correct answer is found.

Regards,
Tony

*** DISCLAIMER: VIEWS EXPRESSED ARE MY OWN AND DO NOT NECESSARILY
REFLECT THOSE OF MY EMPLOYER ***
Anthony P. Zuccolotto
Vice President of Operations
Psychology Software Tools, Inc.