Using Chinese words as stimuli

Wenfeng chenwf at psych.ac.cn
Fri Jul 26 14:54:28 UTC 2002

Hi,Ice,

Which Version of E-Prime do you run? I have tried basicRT.es to extend the stimulus attribute with Chinese words up to 300 trials, it worked well. But E-studio will crash if i set a  textdisplay.text with a long Chinese text. I run E-prime 1.1 beta on WIN2K(Chinese Ed.). According to my past experience, E-prime beta4 support Chinese best, but 1.0 and 1.1 always crash if there is a long Chinese text in a textdisplay and we don't split the long text with CRLF to form newlines manually. Similarly, we can add Chinese words to list if there are not many words leading E-prime to form  newline.

Chen Wenfeng

2002-07-26

Institute of Psychology
Chinese Academy of Sciences