using canvas for presenting stimuli

Francisco José Tornay ftornay at ugr.es
Wed Jun 5 10:06:47 UTC 2002

At 20:39 21/05/02 -0400, you wrote:
>Hello,
>Does anybody know if it's possible to present stimuli via an Image or
>Slide display which would use a canvas object defined in an Inline
>script?
>The problem is that I have a lot of different stimuli with random
>shapes, colors and locations on the screen. They are easily created by
>writing E-basic script, but then I'd like to present the created canvas
>using a standard Image or Slide object, because it's much easier for
>timing, data collection, etc.
>It seems though that I have to use files only as images with these
>objects. Does anybody know a way to avoid this and use a canvas?
>Thanks.
>Svetlana.

I don't know of any way of doing it. It is an interesting question.

However, what I usually do is just write to the canvas in an inline object
and then use a wait object, which takes care  of timing and response
collection just as easily as an image or slide object.

Have you got any difficulty with this solution? If you explain which it is,
I could try to figure out how to get around it.

Hope this helps,

Francisco Tornay