Sound files

Jenny Thomson Jenny.Thomson at psyka.jyu.fi
Fri Mar 1 11:26:44 UTC 2002

We are trying to create an experiment involving the presentation of long
strings of sound stimuli.

We have a series of sound files, which on other experiment control
programmes have been easily made to sound like a continuous stream when
specified to play in succession.
With E-prime however, we always seem to get slight gaps between stimuli
or 'crackles' at the transitions, despite trying things like specifying
a pre-release time and varying different parameters within the Sound
Object' properties.

Has anyone got any ideas on what would help in this instance, to create
the perception of a continuous and smooth sound stream?

Thanks,

Jenny Thomson
Dept. of Psychology,
University of Jyväskylä,