timing question

Myeong-Ho Sohn mhsohn at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Mar 4 22:36:58 UTC 2002

Dear E-Prime users:

I have a question that everybody I talked to thought was pretty easy to
solve but none of them actually has the solution.  So, I decided to post
here.

Here's what I want.

I like to present a stimulus, let's say at most for 1000 ms.
If a response is made before 1000 ms, the stimulus disappears as soon as the
response is made.
If a response is not made before 1000 ms, the stimulus disappears anyway at
1000 ms, and the program waits until the response is made.

I played with several options in the duration/input properties, but I don't
seem to be able to find the right combination.

This is a very basic problem so there's got to be an easy way to do this but
I just can not figure out.

If anybody knows a way to solve this, that'd be great.
By the way, I am using Beta 5.0 if that matters.

Thanks.

mh