Gender data

Tony Zuccolotto anthony.zuccolotto at pstnet.com
Wed Mar 27 13:19:22 UTC 2002

Johnathan,

I just tried this and it sounds like you might be trying to list Sex
under the Data: section.

I think what you need to do on the Analyze dialog in E-DataAid is to
list all the independent variables in the Rows: section and then list
the dependent variables under the Data: section and leave the Columns:
section empty.   I tried this with data from BasicRT data, e.g.

Rows:
Subject
Session
Sex

Data:
Stimulus.RT:Mean
Stimulus.ACC:Mean

When exported as StatView/SPSS I got the following in the tab delimited
exported file:
Subject	Session	Sex	Mean Stimulus.ACC	Mean Stimulus.RT
1	1	male	0.50	250.00
2	1	female	0.75	522.75

Is that consistent with what you want?

Regards,
Tony

*** DISCLAIMER: VIEWS EXPRESSED ARE MY OWN AND DO NOT NECESSARILY
REFLECT THOSE OF MY EMPLOYER ***
Anthony P. Zuccolotto
Vice President of Operations
Psychology Software Tools, Inc.