Correcting RTs for positive SOAs (picture word interference)

Susan Campbell susanc at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Nov 25 21:00:19 UTC 2002

It is possible to correct the RT immediately after the response each time,
and it appears to be relatively straightforward.

After the Wait object is presented, you could do the following in an
Inline:
Get the SOA
If the SOA is positive,
Wait.RT = Wait.RT + SOA

For an example of something similar, you can look at the script from
http://step.psy.cmu.edu/scripts/Attention/Pashler1992.html

Hope this helps,
Susan Campbell
STEP Project