Correcting RTs for positive SOAs (picture word interference)

Tony Zuccolotto anthony.zuccolotto at pstnet.com
Mon Nov 25 21:22:59 UTC 2002

...just to be complete you may also want to update the Wait.RTTime
property as well, e.g. x.RT indicates the # of msec from the onset of
the stimulus and x.RTTime indicates the # of msec that have elapsed
since the beginning of the experiment.

Tony
*** DISCLAIMER: VIEWS EXPRESSED ARE MY OWN AND DO NOT NECESSARILY
REFLECT THOSE OF MY EMPLOYER ***
Anthony P. Zuccolotto
Vice President of Operations
Psychology Software Tools, Inc.
2050 Ardmore Boulevard Suite 200
Pittsburgh, PA 15221-4610
Phone     412-271-5040
FAX       412-271-7077
Email     anthony.zuccolotto at pstnet.com
Internet  http://www.pstnet.com

RTs
> > from an empty "Wait" object that immediately follows the
last-presented
> object:
> >
> > (SOA < 0)
> > Word display for [-SOA] milliseconds
> > Picture display
> > "Wait" object until response is made
> >
> > (SOA > 0)
> > Picture display for [SOA] milliseconds
> > Word display
> > "Wait" object until response is made
> >
> > The problem is in the latter condition: RTs measured for the "Wait"
> object
> > underestimate the picture response latencies by (SOA) milliseconds.
Is