fORP with Eprime

Kathy Tang kathyt at stwing.upenn.edu
Tue Aug 19 14:10:56 UTC 2003

On Mon, Aug 18, 2003 at 02:10:43PM -0500, Jordan Bigio wrote:
<snip>
> box. The button box we're using is the fORP (fiber optic response pad) by
> Current Designs. I can't get it to work with Eprime, though it is supposed
> to be able to. Support hasn't been much help so far. It plugs in through
> the serial port (like the SRBox). I tried it through the USB, but couldn't
> get it to quite work. I was told I have to add the Serial device and then
> write some script in the InLine object through E-basic. I don't really

 Hi,

  we've used both an older (>2yrs) 2 button and newer (~6mos old)
  4button curdes.com fORP with EPrime. With the older one, we used
  an ADB-USB converter (!), and in a text program, buttons produced left arrow
  and something like page-up; but EPrime interpreted them as the correct
  numbers. We didn't have to add anything to the script for this.

  With our latest setup+win2k, the fORP plugs in via USB, and produces
  r y g b for the button colors. Again we didn't have to add anything
  into scripts for this. At some point the CD ppl may have added
  a chip in so that the fORP would be ok w/ WinXP, but that might be my
  imagination.

> understand the Ebasic and can't believe it would be this complicated. I

  I just checked w/ someone who runs XP/EPrime and he says:

 "Ya gotta be running ckubed, connect com1, and display rawascii.
 And then in the script the port settings have to be setup a little
 funny.. and make sure you use the serial cable, which should already be
 plugged in the back... the most imp. Thing is the weird serial and port
 settings in the device settings config screen thingee."

 !  kt

-- detre lab
   Neurology
   U of Penn