SoundOut1.Filename

Susan Campbell susanc at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Feb 6 21:00:11 UTC 2003

The best way I have found to change the filename is to set the filename
from within the SoundOut object to be an attribute reference.  The
filename can then be changed with c.SetAttrib "attributeName", "filename"
from within the procedure, or can (obviously) be varied with the list.

As for your second question, I'm not sure about offsets, as I haven't used
them personally.  It seems like if you need the file to start from a
certain timepoint, you may want to cut the file and add a seperate file
that starts from the particular timepoint.  These offsets have nothing to
do, as far as I can tell, with when the file starts playing, but rather
with where in the file play begins.

Hope this helps,
Susan Campbell
STEP Project