repeat stimulus, start new one

Tony Zuccolotto anthony.zuccolotto at pstnet.com
Thu Jan 9 14:20:52 UTC 2003

Wiltrud,

In general if you need to repeat a trial you can put a Label object at
the very beginning of the trial procedure and then use a Goto statement
within script at the end of the trial procedure to jump back up to the
beginning.

If you want the current set of data to be logged as a trial then you
also need to manually call c.Log from script to cause the current values
of attributes in the context to be logged prior to the Goto statement.

Note that since the attribute values of some dependent measures (e.g.
Stimulus.RT, Stimulus.ACC, Stimulus.RESP, etc) are refreshed at the very
end of a Procedure immediately before the system issues its own c.Log
command, if you are repeating a trial it is your responsibility to make
sure that all attributes in the context have the values you wish to log
at that time.   This mainly constitutes putting in a series of
c.SetAttrib commands similar to the following...

	c.SetAttrib "Stimulus.RT", Stimulus.RT
	c.SetAttrib "Stimulus.ACC", Stimulus.ACC
	c.SetAttrib "Stimulus.RESP", Stimulus.RESP

If you only want to log the 'final' answer (or you are not using any
extended Time Limits on your input masks) then none of the above logging
issues typically apply, but you should be aware of the issue and make
that determination as it applies to your paradigm.   It is best to run a
few trials and closely examine the data collected in E-DataAid to verify
consistent logging with and without trial repeats.

Hope that helps,
Tony

*** DISCLAIMER: ALL VIEWS EXPRESSED ARE MY OWN AND DO NOT NECESSARILY
REFLECT THOSE OF PSYCHOLOGY SOFTWARE TOOLS ***
Anthony P. Zuccolotto
Vice President
Psychology Software Tools, Inc.
2050 Ardmore Boulevard