display object

Stephen W Tuholski stuhols at siue.edu
Fri Jan 10 17:54:15 UTC 2003

Hi everyone,

I have what I hope to be a simple problem.

I am writing a program in which I am showing a word on one display object,
and then another word on the subsequent display object.  I want the first
word to remain on the screen during the second display.  To do this, I set
the BackStyle to "transparent" which works except for one problem.  The
first display object now moves to the same location as the second, and is
seen superimposed on the second.  For example I want to display something like

HOUSE

TABLE

but instead I get HOUSE and TABLE in the same spatial location.  In fact,
when I slowed the timing down, I saw that initially the first display
object (HOUSE) is in the correct place, and then it moves.

Any suggestions/help would be great... thanks!

Steve