communicating with an external device

Tracy Lynn Mitzner tm154 at mail.gatech.edu
Wed Jul 2 21:44:10 UTC 2003

Hello,
This question is related to sending information to an external device.  In the
past, using Windows ME, I have been sending stimulus onset information to an
external device using inline writeport commands such as "writeport &Hecd4,
c.getattrib("Session") and writeport &Hecd4, c.getattrib("TrialList.Sample").
I recently upgraded my operating system to XP and I am now getting an error
message when i try to run those eprime programs, indicating that eprime cannot
find the device driver.  I have updated the device driver and I still get the
same error.  Since XP has such tight control over port access, it appears that
I will need to send a command through eprime to access the
I/O port.  Have any of you had similar problems?  And, if so, can you offer me
any suggestions to remedy this problem?

Thank you in advance for any information you can provide.

-Tracy Mitzner

--
Tracy L. Mitzner, Ph.D.
Post-Doctoral Fellow