Open Ended Input in E-Prime

Susan Campbell Susan.Campbell at pstnet.com
Tue Jun 10 19:02:07 UTC 2003

I don't know if anyone has pointed this out yet or not -- I noticed it
while looking for something different in the E-Prime User Knowledge Base
today.  Are you using 1.1 Service Pack 1?  It looks like that bug (or a
related one) should have been fixed with SP 1.  If it's a different
issue, perhaps you should report it to support, since the E-Prime tech
support people don't (as far as I know) read this list.

Hope this helps,
Susan

excerpt:
BUGFIX: {BACKSPACE} incorrectly logged when ProcessBackspace=Yes and/or
ResponseMode=AlphaNumeric
Symptoms
Regardless of the ProcessBackspace=Yes and/or ResponseMode=AlphaNumeric
setting, the {BACKSPACE} key is not logged as expected.

Solution
Update to E-Prime 1.1 SP1 or later.
E-Prime 1.1 Service Pack 1 or later will properly log the {BACKSPACE}
key.

*** DISCLAIMER: ALL VIEWS EXPRESSED ARE MY OWN AND DO NOT NECESSARILY
REFLECT THOSE OF PSYCHOLOGY SOFTWARE TOOLS ***