losing ERP triggers in E-Prime

Don.Rojas at UCHSC.edu Don.Rojas at UCHSC.edu
Wed Nov 12 18:56:02 UTC 2003

It would be helpful if you could tell us what the sampling rate,
stimulus rate, trigger duration are for your experiment.  Also, are
collecting data in continuous mode or epoch mode?  Finally, how are you
actually triggering using Eprime?  Are you using the Writeport command
in an inline script or are you OnsetSignalEnabled property of the
stimulus object?

Donald C. Rojas, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Psychiatry
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
Neuromagnetic Imaging Center
Box C268-68 CPH
4200 E. 9th Avenue
Denver, CO 80262
(303) 315-8624 (ph)
(303) 315-5395 (FAX)

-----Original Message-----
From: eprime at mail.talkbank.org [mailto:eprime at mail.talkbank.org] On
Behalf Of Richard P. Heitz
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2003 7:33 PM
To: E-Prime Listserv
Subject: losing ERP triggers in E-Prime

Hello,
    I am running E-Prime with a NeuroScan EEG.  I am having an odd
problem -
it is randomly losing triggers (data markers sent through the parallel
port).  The loss it absolutely not systematic, and I lose approximately
7%
of all my data marks.  I do not lose triggers with a different program
(Presentation), nor do I lose triggers using E-Prime with an eye
tracking
unit.  If anyone has had this problem, or has the same setup, I would
appreciate some help.
----
Richard P. Heitz, M.S.
Attention and Working Memory Lab
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta Georgia 30332
Email: gte016z at prism.gatech.edu
Office: 350 J.S. Coon Building
Web: http://psychology.gatech.edu/renglelab