Problems playing Soundout object

Andrews, A.S. asa8 at leicester.ac.uk
Fri Nov 14 15:42:31 UTC 2003

Dear All

I am having a problem using a soundout object - it won't play a sound if the filename isn't fixed. I am using E-Prime 1.1 SP3.

I need to build the filename based on random numbers generated in every trial. So for example I can construct "sound5.wav" (minus the quotes) and I can store this in an attribute with c.setattrib "soundname", filename. (I have seen recommendations in previous posts to this list to do this.)
I have a Soundout object called SoundOut1 in 'Unreferenced E-Objects' and its filename property is set to [soundname]. I activate it with SoudOut1.play.

I don't get any errors - just silence.

Please help!

Best Regards,

Tony Andrews