Running XP

Mark G Orr morrct at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Sep 26 14:57:21 UTC 2003

Hello, I have a computer with a 2.2 Ghz celeron processor and 128 mb ram.
The c omputer came installed with XP Home Ed.

The E-prime web site recommends not using XP with only 128 mb ram, so I
installed Win 98.  However, Win 98 will not work with such a fast
processor without some patches.  These patches are available, but I need
to contact microsoft, then they send them to me.

So, my Question is:  what is the problem with running E-prime on an XP
machine with only 128 mb ram?   I have access to XP pro if needed instead
of XP home.  THis may be my easiest option.

Thanks.

-Mark Orr

Mark G. Orr
Postdoctoral Research Fellow