Running XP

Stephen D. Benning benn0224 at umn.edu
Fri Sep 26 16:02:24 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-09-26 at 09:57, Mark G Orr wrote:
> Hello, I have a computer with a 2.2 Ghz celeron processor and 128 mb ram.
> The c omputer came installed with XP Home Ed.

XP is a memory hog.  By that, I mean that XP will use nearly the whole
128 Megs just to run itself, leaving no memory for ANY other
applications (including E-Prime) to run smoothly.  An alternative is to
get a memory upgrade (see http://www.pricewatch.com for some good
deals); memory's cheap, and I suspect you'd end up being happier having
more memory, no matter which version of Windows you choose to run.

--
Stephen Benning
Office: N631 Elliott Hall