SRBox voice key and recording sound?

Breton M Bienvenue bmb at buffalo.edu
Tue Sep 30 16:37:33 UTC 2003

Greetings all,

I'm designing an experiment which involves having participants read
viusually presented words aloud. I'm using the voice key on the
SRBox to record the RT of the response, but I'd also like to record
the actual participant response. In the past I've simply run a tape
recorder for the length of the experiment, but I'd like to record short
(5-10 sec or so) digital samples at each trip of the voice key instead.
this would make pairing the response with the RT much easier. It seems it
will be necessary to use a second mic (or splice the output from a single
mic) as the SRBox doesn't actually record any audio. Searching the
archives reveals no answers. Has anbody done something similar?

Thanks for any help.

Breton Bienvenue	     e-mail: bmb at acsu.buffalo.edu
Psycholinguistics Lab	     phone: (716) 645-3650 X377
Department of Psychology     fax: (716) 645-3801
SUNY at Buffalo              lab webpage: http://psychling.buffalo.edu
Buffalo, NY 14260            personal webpage: http://www.buffalo.edu/~bmb